Family home of the Parkers since the 14th century. Present hall dates from 1507 with a lovely sandstone facade put on in 1604. The hall has some interesting stained glass windows that originally were from Whalley Abbey before the dissolution.
The Parkers were the bowbearers of the Forest of Bowland overseeing legal matters. In the hall there is a gauge for measuring the height of hounds as it was illegal to keep dogs large enough to chase down deer. If a dog was found to be too big to pass throught the gauge it was either killed or its paws mutilated.
There are plenty of other treasures, such as the human skull kept in a locked cupboard. Legend has it that disaster will strike if it is seen by anyone other than members of the family.